With that being said, the chat had some good points made. I was surprised at the difference in participation between this EdChat and the previous one I participated in. This chat had many different opinions thrown around. As such, I have chosen to storify the following tweets for many reasons.
The reasons are:
- The first few tweets discuss the importance of collaborating beyond a group discussion, but taking the steps to make and implement a common action plan in common areas. I also think that we need to talk less, and do more, and get teams to work as teams more and individuals less.
- The next few tweets talk about the importance of getting students involved in creating action plans, as they are the focus of our goals.
- I love how many “Thank yous!” are used at the end of these EdChats. It just really goes to show how friendly and welcoming the moderators are and makes me appreciative of them and their participation.
- The Principal Pro tip is a crack up. Imagine muscling open a Gogurt in a cafeteria. There goes that outfit!
- The last tweet about “FAIL= First Attempt in Learning” reminded me of how many times I am probably going to fail, and encourages me to keep on trucking.
I have found these EdChats to be interesting and give good insight into different perspectives. I plan to continue to chime in when I can, as well as continue to browse the hashtag, because the imput of other professionals can really help improve my teaching and my students learning.